Home About Me My Classroom Freebies My Products Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Teacher's Notebook Facebook BlogLovin Image Map

Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Made It...Christmas in June?

With temperatures like this, sometimes staying inside in the air conditioning is a blessing.  Since I don't have a pool and baking on the beach just isn't my thing, Monday Made it is perfect for me.   






I'm linking up with  Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!  Okay don't judge but I am catching up on a lot of things this summer.  That includes Christmas projects that went undone!  In December we went to this sweet little Christmas store Santa's Claus-et in Gatlinburg.  They had lots of wreaths half price on their little porch  (rocking chairs and swings on the porch...so adorable).  


This German twig wreath caught my eye...I love anything primitive. 

 
I added the mini battery powered LED lights I found at CVS.   The rest of the "filler" items came from a primitive shop we found in Pigeon Forge.  My sweet husband agreed to leave late on our last day just so I could do a little shopping.  I was in heaven finding things for my wreath. Felt poinsettias, rusted jingle bells garland, old mini snowman hat (They actually cost more than the wreath).  Then I came home and found the burlap poinsettia at Kirklands for 75 cents, Score. 
 
 
Finished Project
 
I'm still deciding on a burlap bow at the top.  My daughter thinks it would be too much.  I can't wait to hang it up at Christmas.  It is a very large wreath, spans almost all the way across my door.  I didn't realize that when I grabbed it up at the store.  What do you think?
 
I'll be sharing some fun finds tomorrow from the Dollar Store and Walmart. Already spending money for the classroom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment