Home About Me My Classroom Freebies My Products Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Teacher's Notebook Facebook BlogLovin Image Map

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How to Find that Font You Love!

Hey everyone, hope you are enjoying your summer.  I have been making more items for my classroom but really needed a D'Nealian font.  We use D'Nealian or Modern Manuscript in our district. Many of you tech savvy teachers out there probably already know this but if you love a font used in any document you can find out which one it is very easily.  Simply open the document and right click, when the small window opens click on document properties at the bottom.  When the next box opens click on the Fonts tab at the top.  It will tell you what fonts were used in that document.  Sorry for the poor photos but I just did a quick screen shot with my phone. 




Needless to say I found this out after I asked Christina (see below) about fonts she used.  Bless her for getting back with me so quickly.   I have used Young Reader font for many documents in my class but the upper case letters aren't formed correctly.  I'm so particular about what I use that it was driving me crazy to find something better. 


I emailed Christina from Bunting, Books and Bainbridge and asked her about a font she used.  She is so wonderful and shared her handwriting book with me that included a font very similar to D'Nealian.  Even better she is having a HUGE giveaway celebrating her 2nd year blog-a-versary.    Lots and lots of units have been donated so you could win a big haul.  Visit her blog by clicking below or on the links highlighted above. 

 
 
I hope this easy little font tip is something new you can use.  Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! You have just rocked my world! Thank you for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete